By: Laura-Jane Hatcher (WRGA News)
No one was injured when a propane tank explosion set a Rome home ablaze Wednesday evening.
Around 6:30pm, the Rome Fire Department responded to 28 Parkwood Circle, where a frantic caller advised their grill on the front porch had caught fire.
Battalion Chief Celete Bonny says the flames ignited two propane tanks.
“They had a grill going on the front porch, and at some point the grill became involved in the fire,” Bonny says. “It came up, hit the awning, went up the edge of the porch, and into the attic then worked both ways across the home in the attic.”
Though the one adult and three children that were inside the residence were not injured in the blaze, the home took a heavy hit. Bonny says the residence suffered extensive damage to %50 of the structure.