By: Laura-Jane Hatcher (WRGA News )
A house fire and over-turned log truck kept the Rome City Fire Department busy Thursday afternoon.
According to Fire Battalion Chief Gene Proctor, the blaze was sparked in the kitchen of a home off of Fosters Mill in Cave Spring. Officials say the resident there dropped frozen French fires into hot grease, though they could not pinpoint whether or not it was the direct cause of the fire.
As fire crews worked to extinguish the blaze, a log-truck came barreling down the road, swerving to avoid emergency vehicles. The truck toppled off the roadway, spilling logs. Between it and the burning home, it took nearly four hours for city fire crews to pull away.
One man was injured in the blaze, suffering minor burns to the face and hands. He was taken to Redmond Regional Medical Center for treatment.